When you become a member of SCBWI Midsouth, you are automatically a member internationally. Regional offerings include:
- An annual fall conference
- A spring writing/revision retreat
- A Facebook page
- A Twitter account
- A Midsouth Illustrator's Blog
- Various volunteer-organized activities. Many of our members are experienced speakers and enjoy presenting workshops at schools, libraries, and conferences. Contact regional advisor Susan Eaddy if you have questions.
- An online listserv: Many of our Midsouth members are members of the Kidbooks listserv which allows children's book authors and illustrators to interact, and share information, including SCBWI events. It is technically not an SCBWI affiliated listserv. The listserv is free and open to anyone with an interest in writing and/or illustrating for children. You don't need to live in the Midsouth or be a member of SCBWI to join. Contact listserv moderator Evelyn Christensen for more information.
At our annual fall conference, Midsouth members bring new and gently used children's books to donate to a variety of causes. Past beneficiaries have included a homeless shelter for Nashville families, an in-need school in Kentucky, four schools in Joplin, MO that had been devastated by a tornado, and Book 'Em, a Nashville-area literacy program. Hundreds of books are donated each year by our generous members.