Introducing the SCBWI Midsouth Fall Conference Retreat Track!
Do you love the camaraderie and inspiration of conference-going but find yourself longing for more time to simply create? Or maybe you love learning at conferences but feel you need more time to put what you’ve learned over the years to use? Our new retreat track offers authors and illustrators the chance to participate in certain conference activities while freeing up time normally spent at breakout sessions to work on your craft.
For a registration fee of $110 (early bird) or $145 (after July 8), the Midsouth 2019 retreat track includes:
• Opening and closing keynote presentations
• Saturday evening Autograph and Cocktail Party with Portfolio Showcase
• Opportunity for published authors to autograph books
• Saturday night Silver and Steam Gala Dinner with faculty
• The opportunity to join a free, optional critique group
• The opportunity to sign up for a written-only critique from an editor
• Conference hotel group rates, hotel breakfast and use of public hotel space for working throughout the weekend
• COFFEE. TEA. All day. Fuel of champions.
Should you choose to stay at the hotel, you will have access to the conference’s group rate, as well as the manager’s cocktail and snack hours each evening. Though face-to-face critiques and contests are limited to full-conference attendees, Retreat track attendees are welcome to purchase written-only critiques, as well as intensives held on Friday. You may choose to have lunch provided for you on Saturday for an additional $29, or you may do lunch on your own at one of the many near-by restaurants. (See the Midsouth dining map.)
At this time, the retreat track is only available to SCBWI members.
Please direct questions to conference chair, Erica Rodgers, at email@example.com.